Tuesday 21 April 2009

new bike, new buns....

Can you ever forget how to ride a bike?
Well, I embarked on revisiting my youth by purchasing a smart Tiger about town bike, modelled on the ones you see bright young things riding around on in Amsterdam.  I had spent a few grey days in January and marvelled at how everyone seemed to be riding bikes.  Masses of them, in fact, they had right of way.  All shapes and sizes were jumping on and off them with great ease as though the bike was actually part of them.
I vowed that I would get a bike when I returned home and ordered one online.  It arrived flat pack!!  Argh!  Flat pack bikes and me are not a good combination - Ikea flatpacks - no problem!  Hand me one of those babies and I'll knock you up a wardrobe in less than 10 mins - but bikes!
Aren't they all oil and chains?  Normally that prospect might have quite excited me but in this context, no!
I bravely put all the pieces together and then with a few rattles and a tight front brake I set off.
I live on top of a hill so I sought out quiet country lanes in which to wobble and roll.  That was the bike i might add, not my spare tyre but it join in just for the fun of it.
Where would my newfound freedom take me?
To be continued..........

No comments:

Post a Comment